10 winter buys to add colour to your home
It’s cold and grey outside, so beat the chill with all things bold and beautiful. All around us, the vibrant colours of autumn are slowly fading to grey. We love winter here at Sara Miller London, the cosy nights in, the long walks wrapped up against the crisp, cool air and the twinkling lights of the festive season. But it is also a time of year when we crave a splash of sumptuous colour, we believe winter months are the perfect excuse to get creative and embellish your home with vibrant accessories, allowing you to celebrate a colourful life, even on the grey rainy days.
Creating an interesting room involves incorporating a variety of prints, colours and textures to add a wealth of interest and depth. Sara explains:
‘I’ve always had an obsession with colour and it’s forever been a crucial part of my design process. I love combining unusual colour combinations to create something really unique and give an element of surprise. Our collection is full of colour and our prints are designed to be uplifting and bring a positivity into everyday life. When designing the range we have made sure that all the pieces across our collections can sit together and my favourite is to put them against a dark grey or deep blue room (Downpipe or Hague Blue both by Farrow and Ball are particular favourites) where the colours just pop.’
One of the simplest ways to inject colour and texture in your home is with accessories. From lampshades and cushions to mugs, oven gloves and cake tins. Accessorising in a punchy palette of colourful prints will work wonders at bringing some pizazz to your home. Less committal than paint, the benefit of accessories is that they can be switched in and out depending on the season which also allows you to be more daring with your decisions.
Here are 10 picks to help you add colour to your home this winter:
1.Pink Birds Mug - The bold fuchsia backdrop will give you a positive start to the day and a can do attitude (we think Lorraine Kelly agrees as we’ve seen her sipping away using this mug many a morning on the Lorraine show!)
2. Set of 3 tea caddies - Whether hidden away in your cupboard or out on display, these will be sure to make you smile as you go to make your daily cuppa tea.
3. Peony kitchen textiles - Bring the outdoors inside with this beautiful vibrant print. Offset fabulously against this farrow and ball down pipe kitchen
4. Silk Flamingo Travel Bag - Why not dress your dressing table up to the nines with our quirky and playful silk accessories.
5. Fig Leaf, Cardamon and Vertiver Shower Cream - Is there anything more indulgent than slipping into a steaming bubble bath on a chilly winter evening?
6. A5 Parrot Fabric Journal - Bring the enchanting colours of the rainforest to your to-do list, giving your desk an instant facelift.
7. Amber, Orchid & Lotus Candle - Rich in colour with navy and gold embellishment this will add a touch of glamour to your diy luxury spa.
8. Flamingo cake tins - Either on their own or stacked up in threes, these tins will add a playful and colourful touch to your kitchen.
9. Cosmetic bag - Make a statement with our bold and beautiful cosmetic bag. We love to combine rich jewel tones for the ultimate in lavish style.
10. Green Birds Teapot - Part of our sophisticated Chelsea Collection, the uplifting green backdrop with rich gold embellishment is just the thing to make your morning tea a little brighter.